Auto Accident Injury Treatment From Our Calhoun Chiropractor
Auto accidents are an unfortunately common way for people to get injured. However, here at McCracken Chiropractic P.C., our Calhoun chiropractor can help you move past the injury and into the recovery phase as quickly as possible. Auto accident injury treatment here pulls together the best of all we have to offer to provide quick relief and long-term wellness care.
Personal Injury Treatment from our Chiropractor
All sorts of injuries can occur during a car accident, but the majority of what we treat here are musculoskeletal injuries such as whiplash, strains, and sprains. These are soft tissue injuries resulting from the excessive forces applied to the body during the course of a car accident injury. Personal injury treatment for these types of injuries includes a variety of options:
- Initially, these injuries require rest and may benefit from the application of ice or heat. Our chiropractor can tell you which one to use and when. Careful movement is often recommended so that the area does not stiffen up excessively, as well.
- After some of the swelling has gone down, chiropractic adjustments can be used to help realign any joints that are affected. While chiropractic adjustments are most commonly used on the back and neck, it is possible to adjust most joints.
- Corrective exercises are used to build up the strength and flexibility of the injured area. Without this, any type of long-term recovery would be impossible. Chiropractic adjustments require that the soft tissue in the area be both strong enough and loose enough to support the joint or it will simply lose alignment again.
- Lifestyle advice helps you figure out what small things you may be doing to aggravate your injury that you never knew about. Making some minor changes can help you feel better a lot faster by taking some of the strain you are accidentally applying off of the injured area.
- Spinal and postural screenings are a great way to check in with our chiropractor and make sure that you are maintaining good health in the future. When we look at how you stand and move, our doctor can check for any red flags that might indicate a need for further chiropractic care. We can also use the results of these screenings to offer lifestyle advice.
Contact Us Today for Chiropractic Care in Calhoun
Here at McCracken Chiropractic P.C., our Calhoun chiropractor offers personal injury and car accident injury treatment for conditions such as whiplash, pulled muscles, strains, sprains, and more. Stop living in pain and get help through holistic, non-invasive and drug-free chiropractic care. To make an appointment, call us today at 706-624-0200.